Following Atticus: Forty-Eight High Peaks, One Little Dog, and an Extraordinary Friendship by Tom Ryan is published by William Morrow. It tells the story of my adventures with Atticus M. Finch, a little dog of some distinction. You can also find our column in the NorthCountry News.

Friday, May 09, 2008

Another Hiking Death in the Whites

Yesterday, while Atticus and I were out visiting Franconia Notch, we stopped in at the trailhead for the Lafayette, Lincoln, and Little Haystack loop and were surprised to see several official green trucks. They had just been there for a rescue and were busy together. All but one eventually left and we talked for a moment and was ashen-faced by what had just transpired. He didn't feel comfortable talking about it and I didn't press. He told me I'd read about it in the papers. This morning I came upon this. (The photo shows Lafayette and Lincoln late yesterday.)

No comments: