Following Atticus: Forty-Eight High Peaks, One Little Dog, and an Extraordinary Friendship by Tom Ryan is published by William Morrow. It tells the story of my adventures with Atticus M. Finch, a little dog of some distinction. You can also find our column in the NorthCountry News.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Today, Carrigain; Tomorrow, Washington

Sorry, haven't been on for a while, as you can tell. Been working on staying afloat up here in New Hampshire, doing a lot of writing. I have a book proposal to send in soon. But today we got to the summit of Carrigain, our 62nd peak of the winter. Tomorrow, and I've been waiting to say this for a long time this winter, we are climbing Washington. I'll park my car in Crawford Notch, have another hiker drive me to the Cog Railroad. We'll join a group for the first part of the hike but once above treeline the group will head for Jefferson and Atticus and I will head in the other direction towards Mt. Washington. Once there we will then head down the Crawford Path over Monroe, Eisenhower, and Pierce. (I've posted tomorrow's summit forecast below.)
Tomorrow:
In the clear under mostly clear skies. Wind chills 10-20 below rising to 0-10 below.
Highs: upper teens°F
Wind: N shifting S 15-25 mph decreasing to 5-25 mph