Following Atticus: Forty-Eight High Peaks, One Little Dog, and an Extraordinary Friendship by Tom Ryan is published by William Morrow. It tells the story of my adventures with Atticus M. Finch, a little dog of some distinction. You can also find our column in the NorthCountry News.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Looking At Another Storm?

Another storm is due in tomorrow (Tues.) night and it could be a healthy one, which would not be good for our hiking health. Tomorrow Atticus and I will most likely be off to do Owl's Head for the second time in just over a week. Stream crossings are good, and the two minor bushwacks cut more than a mile of the 18-mile round trip and there is a group out there as I type this re-breaking what damage the snow and wind has done to the snowshoe track over the weekend. As always, I reserve my right to change my mind, but for now this appears to be the plan.