Following Atticus: Forty-Eight High Peaks, One Little Dog, and an Extraordinary Friendship by Tom Ryan is published by William Morrow. It tells the story of my adventures with Atticus M. Finch, a little dog of some distinction. You can also find our column in the NorthCountry News.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Success On The Northern Pressies

Today, we hiked Jefferson, Madison Adams on a beautiful day to be above treeline for as long as we were. It was a great but a tough day and we're both extremely tired right now. Lots of miles, lots of elevation, lots of sun screen, lots of lactic acid (at least for me). I'll write it up tomorrow during our very healthy rain storm. I'll just say it's good to have this one done for the first time and while it is tough, saving a hike such as this for a day such as this makes it one of my favorite winter hikes now. Can hardly wait to get back up there!