Following Atticus: Forty-Eight High Peaks, One Little Dog, and an Extraordinary Friendship by Tom Ryan is published by William Morrow. It tells the story of my adventures with Atticus M. Finch, a little dog of some distinction. You can also find our column in the NorthCountry News.

Monday, August 30, 2010

A Few More Ken Stampfer Shots

That's Ann Stampfer drinking in the view from the top of Thoreau Falls with Atticus in the middle shot. If you're a hiker chances are you've seen Ann plenty of times on the trails - they've been just about everywhere in these mountains through the years - and you've probably also seen her in the pages of various Steve Smith books since Steve uses many of Ken's shots.

It's rare that Atticus and I hike with anyone else but we make an exception when it comes to Ken and Ann. They have always been supportive of our fundraising efforts and have been there for us in pretty much everything we've done since we met that first year Atticus and I started hiking. As a matter of fact it was Ann who believed I had a book in me before just about anyone else did. . . including me. Most importantly they also love Atticus and are his fairy god parents.

4 comments:

Jan said...

I love the picture of you looking at Atticus over the top of your sunglasses. It looks like one of you are up to no good. I'm just not sure which one??? Maybe both of you!

Jan

Anonymous said...

We loved meeting Ken and Ann on Saturday. Such nice people. Ann is a card herself. I think she can match wits with you any time. See you on the trail. Dave and Boo

Thomas F. Ryan said...

Boo, Ann doesn't match wits with me...she buries me.

Anonymous said...

I think Atticus must be the luckiest dog EVER. Look at all the sites he gets to see with you. It's awesome!
Glad you are feeling good enough to hike, I enjoy reading your stories...