Following Atticus: Forty-Eight High Peaks, One Little Dog, and an Extraordinary Friendship by Tom Ryan is published by William Morrow. It tells the story of my adventures with Atticus M. Finch, a little dog of some distinction. You can also find our column in the NorthCountry News.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Agiocochook Is Still At It

Last night, I shared some shots of the bewitching sky we saw on our walk. This morning, the Great Spirit was at it again. The sky is simply stunning with it's mysterious shades and powerful tones. And better yet, when it comes to foliage, each day is better than the last one. Every morning I think to myself, "It can't get any more beautiful than this." And yet each morning it does.

We really are blessed to live in such a place - especially during the month from September 15th through October 15th, the best of the year.

Tomorrow marks the first full day of autumn and to celebrate it's arrival Atticus and I are heading off to hike a 4,000-footer or two. It's the first we will have climbed since my surgery this summer and I figure my favorite season is an appropriate time to celebrate a saved life.

No comments: